Good morning everyone! First of all — apologies there hasn’t been any content for a while. I could hammer out multiple excuses, but the truth is I just haven’t been happy with my content or my blog. I’ve been feeling out of touch, so much so that I decided to take some time away and think about what and how I’d like to change things. In all honesty I’m not 100% sure how to do this, but I have a handful of ideas which I’ll share with you in this post.
You may have noticed my blog is looking
a little very different from a couple of weeks ago and that’s because it’s had a blog-lift thanks to the wonderful people at Pipdig. Seen as I haven’t been happy with my blog I thought I’d change things up and make it feel more like me – I love things that are visually pleasing, photo heavy and customisable, and this is actually what my new design gives me. I hope you like it just as much as I do.
How my blog looks was only the first step to changing things up and making it more ‘me’. I also wrote down a few things in my bullet journal over the past month about what I want to incorporate into my blog and social media channels, and some things I don’t want to do. I’ll probably be adding things to these along my blogging journey, but for now here is what I’ve got so far…
What I want to do / incorporate
● Write more travel content. I love reading (and watching) travel content and I am determined to make mine better and more consistent where possible. To start this influx of travel posts I have a travel guide coming together for Corfu which I visited last month, in addition to other travel related post ideas buzzing around my head, so make sure you stay tuned for those.
Psst: if any company would like to collaborate with me so I can explore more of the world that would be awesome!
● Write more lifestyle content. I feel like I’ve said this before, but for a lifestyle blog there isn’t much lifestyle going on here is there? Sorry about that, but again, there’s more to come very soon.
● Be present on Instagram stories. I love Instagram and think the Stories feature is great, especially for those of us who like fast content and don’t have the time for a full length YouTube video. I don’t know how I’m going to do this -yet- but you can expect more from me on Instagram in the coming weeks. You can follow me here.
What I don’t want to do
● Worrying about an Instagram theme – I’m sorry, but who has time for this? Aside from those of you who make a living specifically from Instagram of course. But for me, someone who loves Instagram as a platform and wants to share part of my life with my audience, it’s not my thing – at least, not right now. Who knows what the future holds. My current philosophy is: my tastes are eclectic and so is my feed.
● Get sucked into trends. Of course there might be a ‘hot topic’ that I decide to write about as an opinion piece, or something comes out that’s a big hit and I want to see what all the fuss is about and eventually write a review, but I want to focus on me and what I like to write about. Keeping this a positive space on the internet is my top priority.
And there you have it. A little update, some things you can expect from me in the future, and a new look. What do you think?
If you have an requests or suggestions of things you want to see from me then please leave a comment below or tweet/DM me on twitter.
Until next time ☺︎